Web hosting is simply the process of publishing your website online through reserving a space for your website on a server with special characteristics.
Web hosting is storing your website files on web servers connected to a fast network. So when a user types your website address, the internet connects the web server, and transfers your website files to the user’s computer.
Free web hosting
It’s a free service; you can publish your website with paying any fees. They gain profit out of sponsored ads.
- May be the only advantage of this service is being for free. The plan and policy differ from one to another, as the owner of the website get space on the server for free and a sub domain name so any user can have access to the website from anywhere through the internet. On the other side there are a lot of disadvantages which make this service not proper for business and commercial goals.
- Advertising: of course commercial websites owners don’t want other ads to appear on their websites unless they are theirs, as free hosting service depends on sponsored ads. For example when strange ads appear on global brands websites this will affect the brand name a lot.
- There is no main domain name as free hosting doesn’t provide main domain name, instead it provides you with sub domain appear beside its domain name in the address of the website. In many websites we found the address like that thewebsite.themaindomian.com
- No customer service, free hosting doesn’t offer any help if you face a technical problem or you need some guidelines.
- Free hosting has a limited speed and limited bandwidth, you can notice this through the number of users visit your website every month. If your bandwidth increases they will stop your website to pay fees.
Paid web hosting
Another way to host your web is to pay extra fees to have your own website address online.
- Don’t have limited space; you can store whatever you want on your website.
- Customer service and help if you face any technical problem.
- You will choose your own domain and your space to let your business grow, as you can completely control your domain and your website.
- You will choose whether to have ads on your websites or not, and if so you will get profit.
There are several differences between paid hosting and free hosting and each has its pros and cons. The free hosting has a simple advantage that you don’t have to pay for it and you can publish your website but these free service providers display ads and sometimes bandwidth allocation is quite low. Paid hosting on the other hand offers more bandwidth, flexibility and no ads so you can run a website without any issues. It is always recommended to opt for paid hosting if you want to run a professional website or promote a brand.